- Classes must be paid for in full.
- Classes start on time and if you are late you can join the class but time cannot be made up at the end of the workshop.
- Cancellation policy is at the bottom of this page
Health and Safety in the Studio
- We want you to have the best experience during your time in the studio and part of that is making sure all participants comply with our health and safety procedures. When you book a workshop or class you will have to tick a box agreeing that you have read and understood these terms and conditions.
- Please be aware you are in a working studio and due care and attention must be given. Inductions will be given on the equipment you will be using. You must not use any other equipment in the studio. Jane Scott Ceramics will not be held responsible for any injury you may incur if you break the rules of the studio.
- Potters are asked to bring any health and safety concerns to the attention of the teacher as soon as possible.
- Heat guns for drying clay and glazes are only to be used under supervision.
- Please be careful not to trip over Bertie the studio dog and tell me if you have an allergy to dogs and I will keep Bertie out.
- Potters must inform me of any relevant health issues.
- Working with clay can be very messy. We supply aprons but it is probably best if you come to the classes in clothes and footwear you don’t mind getting dirty. No watches or jewellery to be worn and you may want to tie your hair back in preparation. Jane Scott Ceramics will not be held responsible for any damage to clothing, shoes, jewellery, watches or mobile devices whilst in the studio.
- All work made in classes will be bisque fired and glazed. Please be aware that although every due care and attention is given to every piece we put in the kiln, once inside the kiln we cannot be held responsible for any work that cracks, explodes or is damaged due to another object exploding. This unfortunately, is out of our hands and is part of the many difficulties of working with clay.
- We endeavour to have all finished work ready for collection within 3 weeks. After this date we hold all work for a minimum of 12 weeks. Any work not collected after this date will unfortunately be discarded due to minimal studio space. Collection of work is the responsibility of the maker.
Cancellations – Workshops and other one-off events, private tuition, group bookings, family creative time and studio time:
- Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the event will receive a 100% refund
- Cancellations made between 7 days and 48 hours in advance of the event will receive a 50% refund, or you can swap your booking to another event
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours in advance of the event – No refund, but you can swap your booking to another event
- Failure to attend – No refund
Cancellations – Regular Classes:
By purchasing a term of regular pottery classes you are making a commitment to all term dates. No refunds will be given if you are unable to attend individual classes during the term
Please ensure you have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions and Advice & Safety information before you book a Jane Scott Ceramics class or session. By participating in a class or using the studio you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms & Conditions.